Today a delicious pasta recipe. I’ve noticed that I haven’t posted a pasta dish for a very long time and as I tend to post mainly Italian recipes, I guess pasta would do great once in a while, right? 😉
It’s not my own recipe, but just one taken from a cookbook. But it’s so good that I felt the need to share it with you. And you know I love simple recipes, so also this one is very easy to make.
Some time ago, at the local supermarket, you could get cookbooks from the Italian brand Barilla as a free gift. And of course we got those. We even got my parents a set. And as my parents emigrated since 2 months to Italy and now live pretty close to me I stop by and eat at their place when my love is working late. Yesterday was one of those times. My mom made this tasteful pasta dish from the cookbook so I could share it with you today: Fettuccine with sausage and leek! Yummy!!!
1. Bring a large pan of water to boil and add some salt when boiling and add the pasta
2. Always let the pasta cook 2 minutes less then indicated
3. Cut the leek in small slices
4. Cut the sausage in small dices
5. Heat a bit of olive oil in a skillet and add the sausage. After a few minutes add the leek and leave it over low heat for 15 minutes
6. Add the pasta to the skillet and add the parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Mix well but gently