Ok, I just need to share these Chocolate Muffins with Pecan nuts and Butterscotch with you!! They are absolutely finger lickin’ good!!! Once in a while it’s ok to enjoy the sweet ‘things’ in life, right? And well they’re not that big…if you eat only one and not the whole muffin pan ;).
Yesterday we organized an apericena at our place (it’s a combination of an appetizer and dinner) and thought these muffins would make a perfect dessert. Of course it’s not a good idea to experiment with new recipes when you’re having guests over, so some time ago I decided to try out this self invented recipe. It was such a huge success that it was obvious to put it on the menu yesterday! They were gone in no time, so again a huge success yesterday :).
However, it’s too bad that I can’t make them too often as I can’t find either pecan nuts and butterscotch here in Italy. So sad… But my parents brought me some from the Netherlands when they came to Italy. And as always with things that are hard to get….you enjoy them way more!
Chocolate muffins with pecan nuts & butterscotch
- 130 gr. all purpose flour
- 130 gr. (unsalted) butter
- 130 gr. (white) sugar
- 30 gr. nesquik
- 2 eggs
- handful pecan nuts
- 1 tbsp butterscotch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Line a muffin pan with 12 paper cups and set aside.
- Mix together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add (one at a time) the eggs and mix well.
- Mix the flour and nesquik in a separate bowl.
- Now add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Finally add the baking powder and mix for another 3 minutes. Don’t over mix to keep it light and fluffy!!
- With 2 tbsp fill the paper cups until 1/3 full.
- Add the butterscotch and pecan nuts (both crumbled) and add the mixture until 2/3 full.
- Put some pecan nuts on top.
- Put the muffin pan in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let them cool down in the muffin pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan, and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
Buon Appetito! ♥