Oh yes, this weekend spring is in the air and that means light dinners and loads of aperitivi!! So a good homemade black olive tapenade must be on the “aperitivo-menu”, don’t you think? So tasteful and very easy to make…
In The Netherlands I used to eat it after dinner. Late in the evening, on the couch… But here in Italy we’re used to have it as an appetizer instead!! To be honest, you can eat it whenever you want, even for a picnic if you like!! Do you already see yourself outside in the park having some toasted bread with this delicious homemade olive tapenade?? I thought so…
- 200 gr. black olives (seedless)
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp capers
- olive oil
- Pit the olives and cut each into 4 pieces
- Cut the anchovy fillets and garlic into small pieces
- Put the olives, anchovy, garlic and capers in a blender.
- Add a bit of olive oil and mix for a minute. It’s ok if you still see a bit of the olives, it mustn’t become too smooth!!