The most of you have already seen the “behind-the-shoot” picture for today’s post! So no surprise that I’m posting a very simple yet very tasteful Carrot Soup or Passato di Carote. Even though it has been spring for the last 2 weeks (hooray!!!) and so no soup in Casa Letizia, weather forecast is not that good at all (boooh!!!) for this coming weekend. This lovely vegetable soup will brighten up a rainy Saturday for sure! Don’t you think?
It takes you only half an hour to prepare this carrot soup (and the most part is just waiting…)
- Stock cube
- Parseley (optional)
- Cut the carrots and celery in small pieces.
- Put it in a large stock pot and add 1 lt. of water.
- Add the stock cube (or 2 if you prefer it a bit more salted) and let it boil for 20 minutes.
- Take a blender and puree the soup.
- Add a bit of parsley if you like (I sometimes add it if I have it at home, other times I leave it out. Both options make the soup delicious!!)
This soup is perfect for both lunch or a light dinner so… Buon appetito!!