The plan was to take you with me to the mountains of Northern Piedmont, but having set my alarm at 6am was a bit too much for me for a Sunday morning. So no mountain trip today, but to make it up to you (and mostly myself), instead of photo’s of snowy mountain tops a delicious recipe to share with you!!! Am I forgiven??
You all know I love pasta and even more pasta that comes out of an oven…so today the recipe how to make Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni …so yummy!!!
- 350 gr. ricotta
- 500 gr. spinach (you can use frozen spinach if you want, otherwise cook if first and let it cool down)
- 150 gr. cannelloni (you can make it yourself but if you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen just use the ones from Barilla).
- ragu sauce (see here for the recipe!)
- béchamel sauce (see here for the recipe!)
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper
How to prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Mix the spinach and the ricotta adding a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the cannelloni and fill them one by one with the spinach and ricotta mixture.
- Take a casserole and lay the cannelloni over the ragù-béchamel sauce. Put some more ragù-béchamel sauce over the cannelloni and put some grated parmesan cheese on top.
- Put it in the oven for 45 minutes. (Tip: Place a piece of aluminum foil over it for the first 30 minutes to make sure you don’t burn the grated parmesan cheese on top!!)