This month’s theme for Junglefrog Foodphotography Challenge is Spring!! As soon as I read it, the first thing that popped into my mind was Strawberry. Spring for me means sun, waking up with the birds singing and it definitely means eating lots of strawberries! I just adore everything that has strawberries in it…
An absolute exquisite dessert is Strawberry Tiramisù! It’s light, extremely yummy, perfect for children as well and very easy to make. And it’s totally springish…so here the recipe for 4 persons:
- 100 gram strawberries
- 3 tbsp of white sugar
- 100 gram mascarpone
- 100 gram full cream yoghurt
- 100 gram savoiardi (biscuits for tiramisù – if I’m not mistaking it should be Lady Fingers biscuit)
- handful of grated hazelnuts
- fresh juice of 1 orange
How to prepare:
- Cut the strawberries into small dices.
- Add 2 tbsp of sugar and the fresh juice of 1 orange and leave it aside for 30 minutes.
- Stir the mascarpone and yoghurt and add 1 tbsp of sugar. Stir until it becomes creamy.
- Start with a layer of cream.
- Dip the biscuits slightly in the strawberries/orange juice and place on top of the cream.
- Then make a layer of strawberry dices.
- Then again a layer of cream and go on building layers until you finish your glass.
- Sprinkle some grated hazelnuts on top.
- Leave it in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
Enjoy spring and buon appetito!!