I adore a good Quiche! It’s simple, it’s delightful, it’s perfect for either lunch or dinner…I love it. Tonight I present you the first Quiche I learned since I live in Italy. The mother of the family where I lived in Rome taught me this splendid Quiche.
- 1 big leek (or 2 smaller ones)
- 4/5 zucchini
- puff pastry
- bacon bits
- scamorza affumicata (smoked cheese)
- 1 stock cube
How to prepare:
- Cut the leek and zucchini in small slices.
- Heat a bit of oil in a skillet over moderate heat and add the zucchini, leek and bacon bits. Add some water just that everything is covered and add the stock cube. Leave it over low heat until the water has evaporated and all is cooked well.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C
- Cut the cheese (scamorza affumicata) into small dices.
- Take out the puff pastry from the fridge. And place it in a round tart/Quiche pan.
- Add the zucchini-leek-bacon mix.
- Put the cheese dices on top and make sure to distribute evenly.
- Place it in the oven for 20/25 minutes until golden brown.
You might also like: