It’s definitely autumn outside; raining and cold. So for me it’s the perfect time to get into the kitchen and prepare an appetizing soup: Homemade Tomato Soup!
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small carrot
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- parsley, basil, oregano
- 1 table spoon of concentrated tomato paste
- 2 stock cubes
How to prepare:
- Cut the celery into small bits and chop the onion.
- Grate the carrot and cut the tomatoes into pieces
- Chop a handful of parsley.
- Heat a bit of oil in a large stock pot and add the onion, celery, carrot and parsley.
- After 2 minutes add the flour and stir well. Add the tomatoes and leave for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 liter of water to boil and add 2 stock cubes.
- Add the stock and leave it for 5 minutes. Add bit by bit. If you see that the soup is getting too watery don’t add the whole liter but a bit less.
- Take a blender and puree the soup.
- Add a bit of concentrated tomato paste to thicken the soup. Add as much as desired. I added 1 tablespoon.
- Adjust the seasoning; I added a bit of oregano and basil. Just taste to know if you need to add more or not.
- Leave it for another 20 minutes.
Serve the soup with basil on top and grissini al rosmarino (rosemary bread sticks) on the side!
Tip: You can add a bit of cooking cream to make it more creamy!